If you’re looking for a stylish and stable roofing style for your outdoor space, a hipped roof is an elegant and practical choice. Whether you crave an outdoor eating area or a residential door canopy that can withstand all weathers, a hipped roof is the ideal choice.
What is a hipped roof?
A hipped roof slopes down on all four sides which then come together at the roof ridge. It’s a style that’s been popular in the UK for centuries, particularly in the Wealden area of South-East England.
If you’ve decided to create a bespoke veranda canopy or al fresco dining area in your garden, a hipped roof is sturdy and robust with greater head height.
What are the advantages of a hipped roof?
A hipped roof is extremely versatile and can be designed to match the profile of your existing roofline.
- Other advantages of this roof style include:
- Stable construction ideal for windy areas
- Highly weather resistant allowing rain and snow to run off with ease
- Additional head height for a light and airy feel
- Adds a sense of style and substance to your home
- Buying an outdoor canopy Birmingham
Are you looking for a hipped, gable or flat roof luminium veranda birmingham manufactured and installed? At Verandas and Canopies we can create a bespoke design with your choice of roof styles.
Get in touch today and our friendly team will be happy to help.